Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What's not to like?


I really like take-out Chinese food. And I really like that the Chinese food places in this part of town also sell fried chicken and sub sandwiches and shrimp and cigarretes and rolling papers. I really like that the place by my house is completely enclosed in bullet proof glass. And I like that the walls have graffiti that say, '17th Street Compton' all over them.
I really like the conversations that I overhear while waiting for my food.

"Gimme one of them blue cooler drinks. No the other one. No, the OTHER one. Hmm, this bitch don't know English."

"I told you I wanted a burger with MAYONNAISE and LETTUCE. Do you see any mayonnaise or lettuce on here? Cause I sure don't. And where is my pickles? I come in here every single day and order the exact same thing. And you know what? I NEVER GET ANY GODDAMN PICKLES. Don't they got pickles in China?!"

No comments: