Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The talk of the office.

I really do like my job. And I like the people that I work with too. But that can't change the fact that I am also painfully anti-social.
At lunch when everyone gets together to talk and eat, I hide in my cubical and read a book. And I think the worst part is, nothing that I overhear from my cubicle makes me want to join the conversation.

“Wow, where did you get your scarf?”
“My aunt bought it for me in Detroit. She knows I love ducks, that's why she got me this one.”

“How was your weekend?”
“It was so good. My boyfriend and I are painting our condo.”
“That sounds so fun. I wish I had a boyfriend. And a condo.”

“God, I can't wait for my tax refund. I'm going to pay off some of my credit cards.”
“Not me, I'm going to buy more shoes.”
“Ahaha. You are so bad. You're like one of those Sex and the City girls. You know, because they always talk about shoes and clothes.”
“And sex!”
“Ahahahah. You are so bad.”

Maybe I'm not really anti-social. Maybe I'm just snobby.

1 comment:

Geoff S. said...

You are definitely a little snobby. Then again, those conversations sound very avoidable (and yes I am catching up on reading your blog).