Sunday, February 3, 2008

I've got a schedule to keep.

I was walking past the Safeway towards the metro the other morning. The Brinks truck was pulled up front and two guys in Brinks uniforms were walking out of the building. They each carried two plastic Safeway bags full of bundled cash. The outlines of the stacks of money were clearly visible as they pressed against the thin plastic bag. A Safeway employee trailed behind them also carrying two plastic bags of cash.
This did not seem to follow any protocol I have ever seen for armored car cash transfers, but I am certainly not an expert on the Brinks operating procedures. I made sure to avoid eye contact with the Brinks guards and headed down the street. I didn't want to miss my train.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.