Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Noted.

I work for the government, and it is no surprise to anyone that the government loves to use acronyms. Today I was in a meeting discussing a program called JAAC (pronounced jack). The meeting sounded like this:

I think it’s important that we convey the relevance of JAAC.
Yes, but how much do they already know about JAAC?
Well, clearly they know a lot about JAAC; but are they aware of how actively involved in JAAC that we all are? Do they realize how much time and money is being spent on JAAC?

I just stopped taking notes and examined the people in the room. Not a single person was aware of how ridiculous they sounded. And this is why I think being a federal employee is fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad they didn't say anything about the need to "jaac off"

Adam said...

Or how they've been busy doing JAAC shit. I know, I know. It could have been more hilarious.