Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Applied.

At work today I got an email inquiring about the application for a job we posted. He wanted to know if he should address the skill areas in which he has no experience.
Here is the letter I wanted to write but did not.


Dear Sir,

By all means, please do not let your complete lack of knowledge, skills or ability prevent you from answering a section of the application. I would suggest making up a skill that you do not currently possess.

If you are uncomfortable with this, perhaps you should address a skill which does not even exist. I think I may speak on behalf of the interview panel when I say that we would love to hire someone who posses unique abilities such as invisibility, human flight or is able to repeat entire episodes of Knight Rider word for word.

Please be sure to attach a list of references who may or may not be actual people living or dead. We strongly encourage you to include references from unicorns or talking cars.

No comments: