Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Game Night.

This is the other great find at the local toy store, BUSINESS. What's even funnier to me is that the Arabic on the box actually says, MONOPOLY, but it was then re-translated into English as BUSINESS. Aside from being a pretty sweet bootleg copy of Monopoly, the set uses all British real-estate and pounds instead of dollars. Looking to buy Boardwalk for 400 dollars? Sorry, but I can offer you Coventry Street for 260 pounds.

The only disappointment was that, based on the box, I was really hoping that it was indeed a game of Business with Snakes and Ladders. I wanted to play a market based game of buying and selling snakes for ladders until the winner owned all of the ladders.

Sadly, the reality is that the flimsy cardboard playing board is two sided, with a crappy version of chutes and ladders on the back.

Oh well, I guess it's time to get down to BUSINESS.

No comments: