Sunday, April 13, 2008

Wit.

A young white hipster couple at the checkout stand at Safeway today;

“Do you think that food is more expensive now than before?”
“Yeah, it's because of oil right? And global warming?”
“I don't know, I can't remember if they talk about it in that Al Gore movie. Anyway, that's why I like to shop at Trader Joe's. It's so much better.”
“Yeah. Hey, do you think Beyonce is too good for Jay-Z? Look at her in this picture.”
(Singing)”I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man.”
“Seriously though. She's like, hot and famous.”
(Singing again. Louder.)”I'm not a businessman. I am business, man.”
“You're not a businessman either. You're an idiot.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is basically one of those comics you used to draw. Just...not.

Geoff S. said...

Wow, lesley has a really good point. Which begs the question, did this actually happen, or was it just in your head? Although hipsters do sound like that. God, people are so fucking ignorant (but not me, I know it all).