Friday, August 15, 2008

The Worst.



Everyday on the way to the Metro I have to pass by a group of trees that is home to hundreds of birds. The trees (and birds) cover both side of the street; there is no way to avoid it.
The sheer volume of bird shit produced by this flock has me concerned for their general health. The street and sidewalk is completely covered in a thick layer of crusty white and black droppings. A good 50 yards before and after I reach the trees, the smell of a poorly ventilated pet shop hits me. I’ve taken to crossing under the trees at a quick jog to insure that I am not hit by anything while underneath.
This car had been parked under the trees for only 24 hours when I took this picture.
It is by far the worst part of my commute.

1 comment:

tarra said...

i think i have to visit right now.