Tuesday, August 12, 2008

By the Pound.

I ate at a barbecue place in Brooklyn over the weekend with my sister and two friends. Between the four of us we ate four pounds of meat and drank a gallon of beer. I know this because the beer came in a one gallon jug and the meat was weighed out on a scale before it was placed on our huge metal trays. Fuck the metric system!
We got a table outside next to two guys who had been drinking whiskey with their beers for quite a while. They had a mysterious clear glass bottle with an eyedropper. They would periodically squirt a few drops of the clear liquid into their whiskey.
Naturally I was eavesdropping on their conversation and I must say they were dealing with some pretty heavy stuff. I heard this gem from the less hip of the two (and mind you we were in Williamsburg, so it’s all relative) “I just can’t seem to get my hands around this monkey, you know?”
It must have been a big monkey.

No comments: