Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Not Quite Yet.

My soon to be in-laws were in town visiting last week and I took my soon to be father-in-law to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum out by Dulles. I've been to the museum before and it's really great, but it was even more fun to go with someone who was clearly so excited about getting to see all of the planes. I could barely finish reading a description placard before my almost dad-in-law was excitedly telling me about the next plane over.

And of course, in addition to looking at planes and jets, I heard all kinds of stories. I heard about the time he was hitchhiking across the country and ended up in east St. Louis at 5am. I heard about the time he was briefly an NRA member. I heard about the 9 hours that he was in the Army. I even heard stories about old co-workers who piloted planes in WWII.

We had a lot of fun. Even the planes thought it was a cool day.

No comments: